Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Road Trip 2009, phase 1












I'm reflecting on our road trip this spring and summer while resting my back here in Santa Barbara. We're here to clear out all our belongings and do a few repairs and fixes on the house, and my body is objecting to some of the work. Soon Larry and I will be heading into phase 2 of our summer travels, so I'd better record some of phase 1. This is my first time with this blog, and I haven't figured out how to tweek the format. The pictures above relate to the next paragraph. Hang in there with me ... I'll get it.

Back in April we left Happy Trails in Surprise, Arizona, stored the rig in California, and caught a flight to Cancun. Our good friends Wayne and Carolyn Larson met us there for a 10-day stay, April 4 - 14. We had a great time seeing the sights and relaxing in the sun. The pictures above are Xel Ha near Playa del Carmen, sunset from a great restaurant on Isla Mujeres, and, of course, the great ruins at Chichen Itza. They're in reverse order compared to our experience, but it's a sample of our time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment